April 3rd - Update
On Friday, April 3rd, 2020 we made the decision to close our office and showroom to the public. With the growing number of COVID-19 cases in Polk County, we are taking precautions necessary to keep our employees healthy and safe.
Green’s technicians are continuing to run service and installation. They have been and will continue taking all necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees are protected. All employees have been provided with sanitation tools and materials, gloves, shoe covers, and masks.
Our office staff will be available by phone from 7am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday to answer all your Appliance and Heating & Cooling needs. If you need service beyond those hours we do provide an after-hours emergency service, follow the prompts to be directed to one of our technicians.
We are still available to assist with purchasing an appliance as well, however, it’ll be BY APPOINTMENT ONLY if we cannot assist you with finding what you need by phone. Our office staff have been provided with very strict guidelines that must be met before allowing customer’s into the store.
We are not allowing any employee to come to work if they are sick or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive or exhibits the signs of COVID-19.
Thank you for your continued understanding during this unprecedented time. Stay safe out there friends
March 27th - Update
Yes! We are open and continuing to run service and installation. At Green’s we are taking the current health safety situation seriously. Our office staff and technicians are constantly working to make the changes necessary in order to keep our customers and our employees safe and healthy.
Meanwhile, doing our part in slowing the spread of COVID-19. Being an essential business in keeping Central Iowa homes running efficiently, at Green’s Appliance, Heating & Cooling we are doing what we can to continue running business as usual.
What our technicians are doing to keep you safe and healthy:
- Wearing gloves and changing them between service calls.
- Sanitizing their tools, iPads, phones, and necessary surfaces between service calls.
- Wearing protective booties over their shoes and changing them between service calls.
- Sanitizing their uniforms daily.
- Wearing masks when necessary.
- Taking their temperature regularly.
What our office and showroom staff is doing to keep you safe and healthy:
- Sanitizing all hard surfaces throughout the day, whenever necessary.
- Making sure our technicians have the equipment they need to keep you safe and healthy.
- Taking appliance sales calls via the phone or email, so that you don’t have to come in to purchase.
- Keeping you in the know – notifying if there are schedule changes due to cancellations or illness.
What you can do to help:
- If you need Appliance or Heating & Cooling service, please call us. We are a small local business, family owned and operated, and depend on your loyalty during this unprecedented time.
- If you need a new HVAC system, new Appliances, or are interested in any of our Air Quality products (including an Air Sterilizer), please call us!
- We will match any of our competitors HVAC quotes APPLES to APPLES!
- Spread the word that we are open! You need your furnace/AC and appliances functioning properly during this time and we WANT to help you!
- If you have an appointment already scheduled and are feeling ill, please let our office staff know. We will not cancel your service call unless you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath). We will postpone service or help you come up with a game plan to make sure that YOU are taken care of.
We truly care about our customers and are here for you during this public health crisis. We will continue to post updates and changes in our operations as they develop.