Family owned and operated since 1958
At GREENS, we focus on the personal touch—every customer is treated like family. But we don’t stop at “friendly”. Every one of our technicians is highly trained and licensed through the state of Iowa, and we hold them to a high standard of professionalism. If you think you have what it takes, give us a call today.
-Owners Dan and Linda Sprague
HVAC Service Technician
Service and repair HVAC equipment
Appliance Service Technician
Service and repair Appliances
Install new HVAC units
Support the office manager in day to day activities. Customer service, organization and Microsoft Office. Part time flexible hours.
Working At Greens
Apply by downloading the application pdf below. Instructions are included in the application form.
Working At Greens
Green’s Appliance, Heating & Cooling, Inc., is a leading provider for Appliance & HVAC service in the Des Moines metro area. We serve thousands of customers annually with services including: Appliance Sales, Installation, and Service; HVAC Sales, Installation, and Service; and Manufacturer's Warranty Services. We partner with GE Appliances and Goodman/Amana for sales and warranty service.
As a Technician, you must be highly organized and possess excellent communication and customer service skills. We are seeking a dedicated team player who can ensure quick, flexible, and expert service to each of our loyal customers.
Technicians are expected to:
- Providing timely and quality repairs at customer’s homes
- Maintaining high-quality customer service and care
- Promoting and selling additional products and services with honesty and integrity
- Meeting key performance and/or productivity goals
- Providing knowledgeable and courteous repair service
- Maintaining truck stock inventory within the company guidelines and standards
- Following van maintenance schedules while keeping it clean and organized
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to use iPad for service and dispatch, and parts research and ordering
- Working mechanical knowledge, including the use of tools and test equipment
- Ability to perform accurate repairs
- Ability to follow directions and specific procedures to ensure quality workmanship
- Flexibility to work variable hours, including mandatory rotated emergency after-hours and overtime
- Must complete all technician training elements within specified timeframes
- Must possess and maintain a valid Iowa driver’s license
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
At Green’s, we provide competitive pay, including commission, and ongoing training in a supportive, collaborative, team-oriented setting. Green’s is family-owned and operated. As a member of our team, you will be part of team building activities, incentives, and company outings.
In the service technician role, you will enjoy working independently as a representative of a leading service provider and are encouraged to live by our reputation – Honesty is the Best Policy.